광저우 아시안게임이 개막되었습니다. 어느 경기 보다도 프로야구 스타들이 총출동한 야구에 대한 관심이 높습니다.
지난 ‘08년 베이징올림픽부터 활성화된 승부치기 규정이 독특해 보입니다. 금번 아시안게임에 도입되는 승부치기는 양팀이 9회까지 승부를 가리지 못했을 때 적용됩니다. 연장 10회에서 무사 주자 1, 2루 상황에서 공격을 시작히고 9회 종료 때와 다른 라인업을 새롭게 짤 수는 없지만 감독이 원하는 타자부터 타석에 들어설 수 있다고 합니다.
승부치기는 국제야구연맹(IBAF, International Baseball Federation) ‘Extra-Inning Rule’ 규정에 근거하고 있습니다. 동 규정에서는 10회까지 무승부일 경우 11회부터 승부치기를 하도록 정하고 있습니다. 관련 규정을 발췌해 봅니다.
Extra-Inning Rule (to be added to the IBAF Competition Norms)
If the game remains tied after the completion of ten (10) innings, the following procedures will be implemented during extra innings:
• Each team will begin the 11th inning (and any subsequent necessary extra innings) with a player on first and second, no outs.
To begin the 11th inning, representatives from each team will meet at home plate and will indicate (at the same time) to the home plate umpire where the team wishes to begin the batting order. That is, the teams have the option of beginning the 11th inning anywhere in the existing batting order that was in effect when the 10th inning ended. Note that this is not a new lineup (just potentially a different order), and it may very well be the same lineup that ended the 10th inning. The rationale for doing so is to ensure that both teams have an equal chance at having what they consider to be their best hitters and base runners in a position to score in the 11th inning.
• For example, if the team decides to have the #1 hitter in the lineup hit first, then the #8 hitter will be placed at 2B and the #9 hitter will be placed at 1B. Furthermore, if the team decides to have the #3 hitter in the lineup hit first, then the #1 hitter would be at 2B and the #2 hitter would be at 1B.
• Once those players/runners are determined for the 11th inning, the order of any subsequent innings will be determined by how the previous inning ended. That is, if the 11th inning ends with the #6 hitter having the last plate appearance (PA), then the 12th inning begins the #7 hitter at bat, and the #5 hitter at 2B and the #6 hitter at first base.
• With the exception of beginning the inning with runners on 1B and 2B with no one out, all other “"Official Rules of Baseball”" and “"IBAF Competition Norms”" will remain in effect during extra innings required to determine a winner.
• No player re-entry is permitted during extra innings.
• The traditional system of the visiting team hitting in the top of the inning and the home team hitting in the bottom of the inning will remain in effect until a winner is determined.
자료 : ‘야구 홈런 친 뒤 하이파이브 금지(승부치기 등 야구 이색 규정)’(‘10. 11. 12, 연합뉴스), IBAF 홈페이지 LAWS AND REGULATIONS(http://www.ibaf.org)
정리 : 아젠다넷 시사지식팀(‘10. 11. 13)
한국 야구 이모저모ㅣWBC(World Baseball Classic)ㅣ세계 야구 랭킹